Whew! It’s been about a weeklong process but I’ve finally largely spruced up the page! Here’s what I’ve done on the backend:
- Completely changed hosts! We’re now with Web Hosting Canada. They migrated all the blog posts as well.
- Updated the PHP so that the site would be more secure!
- This also called for a change of theme. At first I tried the ol’ ComicEasel/Comic Press combo but I found that it really wasn’t very mobile friendly or scaleable. I have now switched the theme to Toocheke, which is by and large more useful.
- Reuploaded all the comics so that you can easily move between them and save your spot, in accordance with the new Toocheke Companion plugin I’m now using.
Anyway, the site definitely looks a lot better, but there’s still quite a bit left to do:
- We’re having a fatal error come up that prevents the site from loading-and also periodically affects the back end of the admin. I suspect it has something to do with the file upload limit so I’ll be asking my webhost about it and trying various solutions to fix it in the coming week. It started happening after the PHP update so unfortunately there are multiple possible causes of the problem that we’ll need to look into.
- For some reason clicking the comic arrow causes the page to “double up” on whatever comic is clicked, I’d like to see if there’s some way to reduce that tendency.
- I’d like to upload a sweet background that helps with the comic’s sort of dieselpunky vibe. I just need to figure out the correct size for that and start illustrating!
Anyway, thanks for sticking with us! I’m looking forward to resolving this stuff and finishing up my design stuff for the next chapter so I can finally get the next comic update up! Rest assured, it’ll be a doozy!